June 29, 2013

The Results...

If any of you didn't know, I entered the contest about Police Show that David from the NNN channel hosted. I was one of the 5 runners up, winning a $10 Lego gift card. Even though I didn't win the grand prize, it was still a lot of fun entering, and I learned a lot in the process.




One of the hardest things about animating this video was having the voice-over correspond to the animation. I never animated with voices to that degree, and I feel like I got a lot better at it toward the end of the animation.

But the whole animating process wasn't always fun. As a lot of other brickfilmers know, animating in a set time is stressful. But that was also good practice for me, because I never really animated to a schedule before either. And this one was kind of an important schedule/deadline, so it helped keep me on track, too.

But I would just like to say thank you to all of you who have waited these past couple months for the film to come out. I'm sorry it took so long to make, but it was quite long, too. Also, if you haven't seen it, here it is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x174joP_TI0&feature=c4-overview&list=UUJcZ1y0omgpYPG5KI_seoyA

Also, congrats to the grand prize winner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na5tHKfaujM&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PL8XefGFsxR32wcx-sQB4eUiaxt4z_toJS


P.S. The next video coming out will be Lego Minecraft Part 2, so stay tuned. It will not be coming out on July 1st, because I took a little break from animating after the contest. So it should be out August 1st, if not sooner:)

2 comments:

  1. It was great work - and congrats on the finish!

    aus

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Police show video turned out awesome(There was a lot of walking though). I Can't wait for Steve's great adventure-Lego Minecraft: Part 2!!!!

    ReplyDelete